Immeasurably More!

Thursday, July 23, 2009


20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21

Sometimes, I read over verses without really thinking about them. That, or I hear them so often that I allow the words to lose the fully weight of their meaning. This verse has taken on new meaning today... God is absolutely more than able to do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or even imagine.... WoW! In church, we have been talking about prayer and how we are to ask God, and how too often we have not because we ask not. But this verse is even better... he can do more than we even know what to ask for!

Lately, I've been asking for some things that are very heavy on my heart, and it just doesn't seem to be happening. Honestly, I'm discouraged. ANd tired. I know I am learning patience and reliance on my God in this time, and this verse is so encouraging... even if my momentary snapshot doesn't seem to be what I want it to be, He's got a bigger picture in mind... one that is so much more than I could even imagine. I notice, too though, that the verse says He is able to do all that.... not necessarily that He will.... *Sigh* So for today, I will continue to wait. I will continue to pray. And that's about all I can do.

I can't get caught up in the what-ifs... If we'd never moved, I wouldn't have to be working and I could spend time doing things I love with the people I love. My brother in law and his fiance are here and it is so great to see them and spend time with them. It just kills me that I have to work all day and don't get to spend time with them!! My parents were here just for one day yesterday, and I did get to take that day off ... there's no way I wouldn't! I don't know when the next time is that I"m going to see them and that is hard. Dad leaves for Egypt on the 29th, and Mom will follow after David goes back to school in September. I love my family so much, and we are so blessed that they are able to come out here and see us. :-)

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!