One More Day...

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Well, One more day before I have to go back to work. While I can't say that I'm exactly "excited" to be going back to work, I am ready to have a paycheck again. And I am very greatful that I actually have a job... Unemployment is high in our town and it is difficult to get a job here... so for that I am grateful... but I've really enjoyed having the time off again... It was like being in NC again. :-) Yes, i enjoyed not working. So sue me! Kidding... but I am ready to get paid again.

So what have I been doing with all my time off? Well, nothing for the most part... and it has been wonderful! This week I have done a great deal of scrapbooking, which is what I would choose to do if I had endless funds and didn't have to work for a living. I got together with Megan (Jimmy's wife) and a girl from our youth group and worked on some pages. I am currently working on my Ancona, Italy album from 2002. Yeah, I'm a little bit behind. I have LOVED using my new Cricut and cannot wait to get more cartridges for it!! I'll try and post some pics of my scrapbook pages when I get them done.

I've also spent some time organizing our files... I am dreading taxes this year... its the first year we are going to have to hire it out and I'm nervous about that. But, it is what it is and it will all work out, one way or another!

I've been looking at houses, even though I don't think we are anywhere close to being able to buy a house out here. Never in my sphere of reference would I have previously considered a quarter of a million dollars to be an affordable amount to pay for a home. But, regardless, I still look and lust after homes... Here's one we're looking at now....who knows....
**sigh**

Moving here has been a very humbling experience. I was comfortable in NC... I didn't have to work, we owned a home, 2 cars, and made frequent trips to the beach. I had good friends and great realtionships with our youth group. We were progressing with our attempts at getting pregnant and I was happy. But here, it feels like we've take a step (or 10) back.... we are back to apartment living, with one car, and I need to work for us to make it. We have a few friends here from college, but even still, it has been years since we've really been close to them, so even our relationships are in the rebuilding stage. I know that this is where God has called us for this time, and I know that this particular situation will not last. But everytime I can't sleep at night becuase of the neighbor's noisy music, or every time I get frustrated because the same annoying guy's car is in the only close parking spot, I find myself slightly resentful of the whole move. And the crazy irony of it all? I really LIKE it here! Like, I really enjoy our town, our church, our new life. So its just a constant battle of getting over what I once had and moving forward with what I have now.

That said... I'm excited about this upcoming weekend... we have a hs retreat coming up at a place called HUME LAKE... they have snowbaording and all kinds of fun wintery things to do. I'm really looking forward to the snow, as well as getting to know some of our kids a lot better!

I am trying to go home in February... for the Oscars... Tracy, Will, Wade and Chad and I always have a big Oscar party and I missed it the past 2 years, so I'm really going to try to go home for that... I just hope the actors don't go on strike from the Oscars, too!!!!! Well, that's all for me.... if you made it this far in the post, you get should get yourself a cookie!!!

Have a great week!
Love, Shey

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!