Saturday Strawberry Pie!

Saturday, July 01, 2017


Because it is Saturday, and my girls and I visited the strawberry patch not too long ago, I thought I would share my to-die-for strawberry pie recipe!!! It is one that I have made time and time again, and every single time, it comes out AMAZING! Strawberries are at the end of their peak season right now which means you can usually find them 2/$5 in most grocery stores!! Of course they're best when picked fresh, but you make do with whatever you can when it comes to cravings for a summer dessert. Pick up several and make some pies for your neighbors, too! It also makes a super impressive 4th of July dessert. No matter where you take it, this is sure to be a hit!!

Here's how to make it::

Saturday Strawberry Pizza Pie

Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 baskets of fresh strawberries
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup water

--Blend butter, powdered sugar and flour well.  Use your hands to knead it so it sticks together, then press into lightly buttered 13" pizza pan.  Bake @ 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

--Mix cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and egg.  Beat well.  Spread evenly over baked crust.  Bake at 250 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Cool.


--Clean berried and drain.  Cut in half and arrrange them on the cooled pie.



--Cook remaining strawberries on stovetop with 2/3 cup of sugar until berries are soft.  Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and stir.  Add to simmering berries.  Continue cooking until the glaze is no longer milky looking.  



--Cool glaze then pour over strawberries.  Chill in fridge.  Ta-da!




You Might Also Like

4 Lovely Words

  1. love it!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok now...this is what I'm talking about...I totally LOVE strawberries and you'll never believe that I've always been curious if it's possible to make a strawberry pie..YEAH! I will def. try this delicious recipe. Thanx:D

    BTW..no owrd yet on our move...we're hoping to hear something this week. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me missing those year-round strawberries and my two lemon trees in the backyard of the Mission Viejo house --

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!