Lost In Translation--From Mom

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

My parents live in Cairo. We were so lucky to get to go visit them earlier this year. My mom also keeps a blog... I love her updates! Cairo really is such a beautiful, interesting, multi-cultural city that is just full of beautiful surprises. The Egyptian people are just so beautiful, welcoming and friendly-- Several times while we were out and about, people would ask us where we are from, and Mom would tell them that we are from America, but that she lives in Cairo. They'd always smile really big, and then say, "OH! You are Egyptian now!" I just love it there. I'd love to move there some day. :)

But I digress... back to my point... my mom also keeps a blog of her and dad's adventures overseas. You should definitely add her to your Google reader... you never know what they're up to! And you really, really, really should click over to see her recent post about how some things get lost in translation. I promise it will give you a good chuckle. That, or it may just make you scratch your head and go, "Huh?".

So here ya go. CLICK HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!