Crock Pot Chicken N Dumplings

Monday, January 24, 2011

Here is the recipe for the Chicken & Dumplings I made tonight... SOOOooooo easy and Sooooooo good!!!

2 large frozen chicken breasts
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Chicken broth
1 chopped onion
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Grands Buttermilk Homestyle Biscuits (the kind you get in the can, unbaked...about 4)

Put the chicken in the crock pot. In a bowl, combine everything else but the biscuits. In the end, you will not even notice the onion at all, so don't be scared... it completely melts away. For the seasonings, I just kind of added a few dashes of everything... a little more Italian seasoning, a little less salt, and lots of pepper. You can adjust to taste.

Cook on high for 6 hours.

After 6 hours, cut the biscuit dough into nickel or dime size pieces, right into the crock pot. I just used my kitchen shears and cut them into sort-of strips. Replace lid and cook for two more hours on high. You will want to stir it occasionally now so that the biscuits don't all clump together.

This recipe is about 4 servings. You can make it to serve more (or for leftovers/freezer meals) by adding more chicken and more cream of chicken soup. I would add a can of cream/chicken for every two chicken breasts. You will probably want to add a little more broth and of course, a couple more biscuits for the dumplings. :)

Enjoy!!!




You Might Also Like

3 Lovely Words

  1. Oh, YUM! I love Chicken & Dumplings and I love using my crock pot! I am going to try this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shey: could i leave it for longer and it be okay? like....10 hours? -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah-
    I think you could definitely leave it for longer... we weren't hungry yet when it was exactly 8 hours, so we actually left if for about 9 or 9.5 hours... but we did turn it down for the last half hour or so. I woudl just maybe add a little more chicken broth in the morning when you put it all together, so it doesn't all cook off! Let me know if you try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!