Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice

Thursday, May 16, 2013

post signature

Its been a while since I've updated-- my newly-turned 2 year old keeps me hopping!  That and a wicked case of bronchitis/URI that kept me under the weather for 3+ weeks.  But I just had to pop in for a quick update on Gia.


She is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Truth be told, when she was a baby, I was scared of the toddler years that were to come.  What the heck do you do with a mini person all day long? But now that this stage of life is here, I love it!  Well, for the most part. I'm not one of those bloggers (you know, THOSE bloggers) who pretends to love everything about life all the time, 24/7. You know, those bloggers with 2 kids, a full time job where they work nights so they can watch their kids during the day, plan clever crafts and learning times, serve homecooked, organic meals every night, all while getting no sleep and still looking amazing?  Yeah, sorry. Not me. But for the most part, I am really loving this stage with Gia.


Sure she has her moments. We all do. She definitely gets her "moments" from me, anyways. Temper tantrums are a daily- sometimes hourly- thing around here. Her latest means of protest is to just fall to her knees wherever she is, if she doesn't agree with my request. More often than not, this happens in the middle of the street or a parking lots. Its loads of fun, especially when I have my hands full of groceries. :)  But its just part of the territory.


What I really wanted to write about are the sweet things she's been doing that just blow my mind. I already wrote about her precious prayers. They get cuter & sweeter every night. She's also started praying with us at meal times. She reaches for our hands, hers already coverd with cottage cheese or ketchup, and we grimace & laugh but hold them anyways. Several times a day, she will open her arms up wide and say "Mommy BIG HUG!" My brother was here for her birthday and taught her the art of a fist bump. Now, she'll make a fist, stick it out in front of her and say "hiss hump." She wants to do it over and over again. Its hilarious!


She's also taken to snuggling. She was never a really cuddly baby, but now she's making up for lost time. She always says, "Mommy nuggle?" Its usually when I put her down for a nap (stall tactic) but she'll do it at other times, too.


My two favorite phrases she now repeats to me daily are "Mommy so cute" and "Mommy you're boototiful." She says it was a draw in her voice, dragging out the "cuuuuute" and "boooootootiful."  So fun.  I love her giggles and squeals and am so thankful for this little girl who calls me Mommy... even if it means never going to the bathroom by myself.




You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!