Joanna 5 Weeks

Thursday, February 06, 2014



This week Joanna gifted us with an amazing 8 1/2 hours of sleep!  It hasn't happened again, but it was sure nice. We did get a couple of 7 hour stretches, which are equally amazing. The past few nights, we've been back to a 4 hour schedule or so. Joanna had her one month check up on Thursday last week... she is growing great! She is now 8 lbs 12 oz and 21 1/2 inches long! I've been worrying if she is getting enough milk because she doesn't nurse very long, but her weight gain is showing us that she's doing just fine! Joanna got to "meet" a few of her baby friends this week. Eliza is 3 months old and she came over with her mom Nicole on Wednesday night. It was nice to have company, since Sean is gone much of Wednesday and the day gets very long. On Thursday, Joey went to her first girls' night. It was lovely to finally paint my nails and have someone else hold her while I just sat and talked. I love my friends! Joey made her first appearance at church this weekend. I've been hesitant to go because I don't want Gia getting sick from all the germs, but I couldn't stand the idea of another morning alone in the house. So it was a nice break up to the monotiny. Gia loved being with her friends and Joanna and I chilled in the cry room with her almost-birthday-buddy, Conrad and little Ailith & her mom. That night, we all went to a Super Bowl party with the youth group. Gia got to go up early with Sean, and she was so cute-- she had blackout under her eyes and was cheering with a pompom and tutu. Joanna slept almost the whole time!


 

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!