Happy Tick Tock Day!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008


It is Tick Tock Day today... the day when you are supposed to frantically run around trying to accomplish all the goals or resolutions that you set for yourself 363 days ago, but have yet to complete.  I looked back at my blog and I did make a few "resolutions" last year.... here's what I wrote:
Well, I'm not really a fan of resolutions. In fact, I don't remember the last time I made a new year's resolution. I've been thinking about it a lot this year, and have decided to make some resolutions. But its almost like I need a new word for it.... to me, the word "resolution" almost inevitably denotes a promise you don't intend to keep. But, whatever the word is, I've decided to make a list. And I think the reason I've avoided resolutions in recent years is because I have just been plain lazy....... so we'll see. I'm up for a challenge and some positive changes! :-) So here goes....

2008 Resolutions:

1. Start and finish some of the Bible studies that I have been wanting to do for years.... some I've even started but didn't get past week one.
2. Keep up with this blog ("keep up" is a relative term... so I'll aim for weekly updates, at least).
3. Scrapbook- finish college and some of my vacations and trips

So, that's what I wrote then... I must say that this year, I am going to bring back the tried and true tradition of resolutions... I'm throwing my negative connotations of the word right out my window, and will be pondering some serious goal-setting over the next two days as to what my 2009 goals will be.  So stay tuned.  I find that in years past, saying that I am not really a "fan" of resolutions is just my way of wimping out on goal-setting responsibility.  So it will be making an appearance in the new year in my life. 

But, with today being Tick Tock Day and all... I thought I'd reflect for a moment on how I did with the (very) few goals I set last year.  

1. Start and finish some of the Bible Studies I've been wanting to.... I find that much like a book with a pretty cover, or a brand new journal with a groovy graphic on the front, devotionals hold the same novelty for me.  I failed at this goal this year, but have found that nothing really beats the Bible when it comes to studying God's word.  That being said, I did just get a new study that I am really excited about though... Beth Moore's study on John.... anyone done that one?  I'm gonna have to grade myself with a big fat "F" for this one, though.
2. Keep up with this blog... I think I've actually done a pretty decent job of that.  And I intend to continue to do so this coming year.  I like reading all ya'll's blogs, so its only fair I share a bit with you too!  :-)  I'd say I get an "A-"
3. Scrapbook some of my trips, etc.... Well, I didn't finish a single scrapbook album this year, but I did do a lot more scrapbooking and card making that I did last year!  So that is a plus.... I'll give myself a "B" in this area.

So, there's my tick tock day reflection.  I sure am glad I didn't say that I resolved to lose 20 pounds in 2008... that'd be kinda hard to do in just under 48 hours.  Same thing with having a baby or writing a novel.  I think I'll keep that in mind as I'm formulating my New Year's Resolutions this year. 

So what about you... what do you need to accomplish on Tick Tock day?


You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!