Good Read

Monday, May 18, 2009


I just discovered a friend's blog and absolutely loved what she wrote today.... I needed to hear it!  Jump over the Jen's Place and read it...  


That song, "He knows my name" is one that I heard for the first time when I lived in NC.  In fact, the first time I heard it, I was at Jen's house, with Barb and Sissy.  Sissy started singing it while Jen was playing the piano, and the words were so simple, yet so powerfully profound:

He Knows My Name
I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call


We've sang that song a time or two at our church here, but its nothing like the way First Christian sings it in NC.  I love the lines: "He'll never leave me, No matter where I go."  Notice it says "where I go".... no matter how far I wander or how far out of His plan I may step, He never leaves me.  

Sometimes on this journey, especially this particular stage of my life, I feel so alone.  God knows that, and lately he's been bringing to mind precious scripture that reminds me of His presence and peace:

"The LORD is the one who is going ahead of you. He will be with you. He won't abandon you or leave you. So don't be afraid or terrified." Deut. 3:18

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but one of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Tim 1:7

I've been finding myself afraid of taking the next step.... whatever that is.  I am chickening out on things before I even start them!  How silly is that?  On those days, I am reminded that God's timing, God's plan is perfect.




You Might Also Like

3 Lovely Words

  1. Hang in there girl, you are definitely not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found you too. You go girl, painting and projecting and being all CA busy! You wouldn't even know the girls. All those cell phones and all . . . LOL!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheyenne! It is a beautiful song! So simple yet so deep! I reallt needed to read this especially verse Deu 3:18. You see my hubby who is in the army was told that most likely we are being transferred either to another city in cali, another state or another county if we want to. With my hubby possibly going back to infantry (he's currently a recruiter) deployment might be in our near future. I've had some axiety..I'n not too good with change at first, leaving our house, our friends, our church will not be easy but I know that God is in control and if it's His will to move He will be right by our side the entire time and He will provide our every need! Thanx for sharing, it has given me strength and peace!!!

    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!