Marry Well, Friends

Thursday, November 12, 2009

There were two things that my dad always told me would be the most important decisions in my life. First and foremost, the most important decision I would ever make in my life would be to accept Christ as my Savior and to surrender my life to Him. The second most important decision I would ever make in my life is the decision of whom I would marry.


It has been almost 21 years since I made the first decision. And I can say without a doubt, my dad was right... asking Christ into my heart was the most important decision I have ever made. And am I ever glad I did make that decision! Many people live their entire lives trying to make difficult decision after difficult decision, but they have yet to make the first and single-most important decision in their life. They are missing the key to all the other areas of their life. They try to weather the day to day life struggles without Christ... they sail aimlessly about in the ocean with no compass to guide them. Therefore, every decision they make continues to lead them nowhere.

Its been more than 6 years since I made the second most important decision in my life-- to marry my husband. And I am so glad I did! I know the Godly man that he is, but as a wife, it is so neat to hear it from other people. I know how my husband is constantly concerned with the well-being of those around him... I know that my husband sincerely cares about the people he meets with day in and day out... I know that my husband has a humble heart that is filled with love and passion for our city. I see all of those things because I know my husband better than anyone else. But its really cool to hear how my husband has impacted or helped someone else, because that truly is his heart. Several times today I have heard from other people how my husband has gone out of his way to help them or how he has done something so thoughtful and out of the blue for them. Yep, that's my man. I love him so much and marrying him was definitely the second best decision of my life.

:-)

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. Beautiful tribute to the two most important people in your life! Ous husbands need to hear it once in a while. They are wired to thrive on acknowlegement and who doesn't like to hear it once in a while! You two are such an inspiration, such an amazing example for young couples or for anyone in that matter. I see Christ all over Sean and I know he has a Proverbs 31 right by his side:D

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!