Thankfulness, part deux

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thought you might like to see some pictures of things I am thankful for... so here they are in living color :-)

I am so thankful for my parents. And because they live in Egypt now, I am also thankful for things like Sype, Instant Messenger, Internet telephone service and wesbites that tell me the time difference, so I don't have to do the math. Oh, and I'm also SUPER thankful that they got to spend last Christmas with us in California (see photo below!) and that I got to see my mom a few weeks ago!

I am thankful for my nieces. Emmalia, is 2 and Kaira was just born a few days before I took the picture below. They are so precious! I am so lucky to be their aunt!! I am also thankful that I was able to go see them in Phoenix a few weeks ago! I hope to do that more often! I am also thankful for my sister (though not in this pic)... and thankful that we get along far better now than we did when we were younger.


I am thankful for my baby brother. Ok, so maybe 20 isn't a baby any more, but to me he's still my little brother. He works hard at his schooling and has held his own living in Chicago way longer than I could have! I'm also a wee bit jealous that he gets to go visit my parents in Egypt in a few days and they'll be going to Greece while he's there!



I am thankful for long-time friends who still take time out of their busy days for a lunch date catch up. I love hearing about their lives and seeing their families grow. I hate that I live so far away from all of them, though.


I am so THANKFUL for these friends below... Sean and Clayton worked together at FCC in North Carolina and we were also neighbors. Nearly every night of the week, Sean and I would pad two doors down to Clayton and Holly's in our pj's and slippers to play Settlers of Catan or Mario Party. They now live in Ohio and we got to see them on Monday night. It was wonderful and refreshing for our hearts to be with people who know us so well and with whom we have so much fun!


I am thankful for our church. We have a great church family, and we are getting more and more acquainted with the people and families of our congregation. This picture is from Easter this year when we had Matthew West and Jim Morris ('aka the rookie') come for our big Easter Weekend services. Sean and I took them out for dinner after Saturday night church-- it was a great time!


I am thankful for my in-law family... including this awesome chica who as of day after tomorrow will be my newest sister in law! Anne & Kyle are getting married Saturday and I am so happy for them! We've had a great time with Sean's family in Cinci for Thanksgiving, too. I am so thankful for them.


I am thankful for this little bean, Whitney Jill. I don't know how and don't know why things are happening like they are, but nonetheless, I am thankful for her, her life, and the joy she is bringing us. I never thought I'd have the joy of being a mother, and because of Whitney, I now am. I am SO thankful to God for this blessing.



Perhaps this year more than ever I am thankful for my wonderful husband. Isn't he just so handsome? I love him with all my heart, more and more each day. I love watching him grow and mature as he discovers his talents, passsions and gifts. I am thankful for the strong man that he is, and his insatiable desire for Godly wisdom. I am thankful that he lets me be me and that he always makes me laugh when I need it most. Oh, and isn't he just so dang good looking?


Finally, just to echo my previous post, I am so thankful for God's unchanging goodness. This year is proving to be more of an adventure than ever but I am thankfulthat we have Him to rely on.

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!