Thanksgiving Post 1

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I have so much to be thankful for, it will take a couple of posts to express it all. Right now, I am thankful that our God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I am thankful that he is just as good today as he was last Wednesday; I am thankful He will be just as loving and righteous and merciful in the coming days and months as he was on the wonderful day that I got my first every positive pregnancy test. :-)


I am thankful for the moments he chooses to bless us with... I don't know if you read the story about how I first found out I was pregnant, but it was July 31. Sean was out of town with the youth group, and wouldn't be home for several days. I was so excited and shocked that I had to tell someone. I called my best friend, Tracy, who squealed with delight just as much as I did and cried tears of joy with me. Later that very same day, Tracy also found out she was pregnant-- completely out of the blue!! That day is one that I will cherish FOREVER, no matter what the outcome is with little Whitney. God gives us so many simple gifts... things that He doesn't have to do, but does because He just loves us THAT much. He didn't have to give me the gift of discovering our pregnancies on the same day, but He did. That will forever be one of my greatest memories in life, of which I am SO THANKFUL for!

I am also thankful for family. We only have a few days left in Ohio and they have been wonderful! I will be sad to leave. I also got to talk to my dad this morning in Egypt. He was getting ready to bake an apple pie, and after their Thanksgiving dinner, they will watch "Its a Wonderful Life."

We have so much to be thankful for, but more than anything, and perhaps this year more than ever, I am so thankful for God's unchanging love and goodness.

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!