It Takes a Village

Friday, July 27, 2012

You've heard it said that it takes a village to raise a child.  In modern-day America, we call this concept a community.  I keep meaning to post this, but just haven't taken the time to sit down and actually write it!  I am so thankful for the community that God has blessed us with here.  I have a great group of girlfriends, and we get together every Tuesday night for girls' night.  Just us girls- no kids, and whatever suits our fancy that night.  Snacks, chocolate, wine, conversation, movies, crafts, coupons and talking.  Lots of talking.  We bounce ideas back and forth, discuss hot-topic issues, marriage things, kid stuff, fashion, cooking and dreams- everything is on the table, including the masks we may wear elsewhere.  Every week as I head back home, refreshed from time with my "peeps" I am so thankful.  I love doing life with people.  But the thing that means the most to me is how much my friends in this community love not only me (and Sean), but my daughter as well.  When I think about my 'community,' I think about Gia's first birthday party.  After Gia had smashed into her little cake, she was covered in pink icing- exactly what I wanted for pictures!  Without me even asking, some of my girlfriends scooped her up and took her over to the sink to clean her off.  In the moment, I was overwhelmed with thanksgiving, love and joy for my friends who so effortlessly cared for my entire family.  I had to snap a couple of pictures because to me, that moment illustrated the epitome of "community."  This is my village, and I love them!









post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!