A Video You MUST Watch

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

When I was a teenager- maybe 14 or 15 years old- I remember very clearly my mom was driving my sister and me home from school. She went a little out of her way; we weren't quite sure where she was going. We passed by a tree on the lefthand side of the road that was covered with flowers and notes. People, young people probably my age, were standing around the tree crying. This was the site of a car accident that had claimed the lives of several young people just a day or so before. I don't remember exactly how old I was, though I don't think I was quite of driving age yet. But I remember this day, because it was such a teachable moment. Just a moment of carelessness while driving can have a lifelong impact. I came across this short 10-minute documentary today and just had to pass it along. It talks about texting and driving. I think all of us are guilty at some point of doing this, but I cannot stress enough how dangerous it is. If you are a parent and have kids of driving age- or close to it- please, sit down and watch this with them.






post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!