Little Man Mustache Shower: The Details

Monday, October 29, 2012

One of my girlfriends is having a baby!  And I love a good excuse to throw a fun party, so this occasion was no exception.  Heather said she had seen some cute mustache parties on Pinterest, so with that in mind, we (the other girlfriends and I) set out to cook up a fantastic Little Man shower.  Heather is also planning to use the colors red and a slate blue in baby Jack's nursery, so I took her theme and those colors and came up with these invitations:



And here are some pictures from the shower and how it all came together.... For centerpieces we put coffee beans in the bottom of some tall vases (since it was a brunch, this was fitting), then added some felt mustaches on a stick along with a "Welcome Jack" stick that I made.  I had the blue woven placemats from Pier One, then we layered that with some mustache paper that we mounted on plain red cardstock.  We made mustache confetti from a paper punch I bought and scattered that around.  Then, for the favorite part of the party, the sticky mustaches!  I bought a bunch of packages of these from Target just before Halloween ($1 each pack of 5 or 6!) then mounted them on matching blue chevron and red cardstock papers.





Here's a better look at when I was putting everything together in prep for it... you can see the sticky mustaches better in this pic:



For the food table and windows behind the food table, I made some big mustaches from black posterboard.  Here's a look at when I was making them:


And here are some shots of the table.  The table cloth is 3 yards of red chevron printed duck fabric that I found at Hobby Lobby.  I think they'll make great pillows for our playroom after this! (I really need to learn my camera better... this room is only lit by backlight coming through the windows, so these pictures did not come out very good at all.  But you can get the idea...)





For the food labels, I stuck with the same colors and chevron and mustache.  Our menu was biscuits & gravy, egg souffle, apple butter muffins, fruit cups, cucumber sandwiches, a delicious green salad and for some sweets, these adorable little "eggs & bacon" chocolates and blue velvet cake!







 For drinks, we served this amazing Mocha Punch.  It takes a bit of prep work but it is seriously the most delicious thing ever!  You should really try it!  We also had coffee and water bottles wrapped with mustache duct tape!  Also for added interest on the food & drink tables, I put tissue paper in a tall vase, along with another one of the "Welcome Jack" sticks.






Finally, for the "thanks for coming" take-homes, my friend Jess made these awesome chocolate mustaches.  I added a tag that I designed to match everything else, and tied it to the sticks along with some finger mustache tattoos that I picked up at Wal-Mart.




So there are the basic details.... up next:



post signature

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. I love these invitations! I have been searching forever for something like this for a shower I'm hosting. Can I pay you to create it for my event??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!