Spoonflower

Sunday, February 22, 2009


I am IN LOVE with this website I just found!!  Seriously, go check it out.  You can design your own fabric, and they will print it and mail it to you.  Best of all it is just $18 per yard!!!  That is cheaper than all the home decor fabrics I've been looking at!  GO CHECK IT OUT.... NOW!!!  Even if you don't know how to sew or anything like that, just design your fabric then have someone sew it for you!!!

Sean and I are beginning to seriously consider adoption and to look into the process of that.  Will you pray for us as we begin this journey?  We don't know for sure if its the right time but that is what we are praying about.  So as I've been thinking about this (almost non-stop), I thought how cool would it be to design the fabric for our childrens' rooms?!  Their own fabric!  Each child would have their own fabric design that I will use in their nursery or on blankies and maybe even their bibs and stuff!!!  And, if we do adopt, I will incorporate patterns and stuff from each kid's native country!  I Love it!  I'm so excited!  I am building up an arsenal of fabric patterns to potentially have printed some day!!  

In other news, I made puppy chow to take with me to the jury room this week.  We're going into our 5th week so I thought we could use some sweets.  You've heard of puppy chow right? (There's a ton of names for it, too, I learned: Kitten crack, Muddy Buddies)  I was amazed at how many of my fellow jurors had never heard of it, let alone tasted the delicious stuff!!  It was a staple for me in college and sleepovers growing up!  So, here's the recipe I use... it so simple, I already have it memorized.  :-)
Puppy Chow

9 Cups of Chex Rice Cereal
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar

Mix chips, peanut butter, and butter. Melt together in microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.  Stir until smooth and all mixed together.  Add Vanilla. 

Pour mixture over chex cereal.  Spread cereal out onto wax paper.  Cover with powdered sugar.  Put sugar-covered cereal into a large Ziplock bag or covered bowl.  Shake until pieces are all covered with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely Words

  1. It always baffles me when people don't know about puppy chow. Now I want some...

    I'll be praying for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were thinking about adopting! I will be praying for you-- that's very exciting.

    Thanks for the recipe-- I'd forgotten about that stuff, but I love it! In the south we call it "white trash" haha-- no further comments there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!