Memory Lane

Thursday, April 19, 2012



I am working on a new MixBook photo album that is about my pregnancy with Gia and her birth.  (I'll work on her first year album after I finish this one.)  So I've been taking a little stroll down memory lane.  I didn't write much at all when I was first pregnant with her.  In fact, the first actual "pregnancy" post I have on this blog was when I was 26 weeks pregnant.  I took one picture at 10 weeks, another at 16, and a few around 20 weeks, but that was it until later on.  Now that I am wanting to put this all into an album, I'm really sad that I didn't write more.  And nowadays, I'm in such a fog of fragmented sleep, singing toy tables, stacking blocks, breastfeeding and jibber-jabbering with my sweet almost-one-year old that I honestly can't remember much about that time.  Even though it was only 18 months ago or so.

I looked back at Whitney's blog because I know I wrote a little more on there about expecting Baby #2.  I came across this post about our "BIG" ultrasound.  Though I honestly can't remember what that night before was like, the feelings from that time are quick to rush in.  I remember the nervousness, the fear that faith kept at bay, the anticipation... and then I think about my sleeping, precious, beautiful baby girl in the next room and I am filled with awe.  And love.  And humility.  Complete and utter unworthiness.  Blessed.  I am so thankful for a God who reminds me that he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. 

I can't believe my baby girl is almost a year old.  I'm having a great time planning her birthday party, but more than that I am trying my hardest to soak up every single minute.  Even though she's not sleeping through the night yet, there are times in the evening when I have to strongly resist the urge to just go in and look at her as she sleeps because I just love her so much!  I guess that's all I really had to say tonight... I got a kick out of walking down memory lane with the old blog posts.  :)




 post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!