Oscar Party 2013 Pt. 2

Monday, March 04, 2013

Now for the Food & Favors (aka the swag bag)!

THE FOOD

I am so sad I didn't get picture of all the food.  I had a pretty great menu planned, and even managed to incorporate all of the Best Picture Nominees.  That took quite a bit of thought!  Here was the menu:


Hors d'oeuvres


Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus (Les Miserables)... this was a bit of a stretch...the bread on the asparagus was a nod to the loaf of bread stolen in the movie
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Crabbie Snacks aka Crab Filled Wontons (Silver Linings Playbook)
Li'l Smokies 
Veggie Shooters
Hummus & Pita Bread (Zero Dark Thirty)
Shrimp Cocktail (Life of Pi)
Hushpuppies (Beasts of the Southern Wild)


Sweets


Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Amour)... what's more romantic than that?
Southern White Cake (Django Unchained)
Golden Oscars


Drinks


Champagne (Argo)
Sparkling Cider... since half my guests are either pregnant or breastfeeding!
Red Carpet Cosmos
Water (Lincoln) Water is said to be this president's favorite drink

And now for some pictures... I didn't get any pictures with the hot food on the table, because I was cooking it as the guests were arriving... so the hot food was just coming out in increments for about an hour.


This was my favorite part of the whole spread... I ordered an Oscar chocolate mold from a chocolatier in the UK.  You can't get these molds in the US because of Oscar copyrights.  Don't know how they can sell them overseas, but apparently the do!  After I made the chocolates, I sprayed them with edible gold frosting spray.  They may not be as perfect as Wolfgang Puck's famous 24 karat gold dusted chocolate Oscars, they were so fun.  AND delicious!










THE FAVORS & GAMES

What are the Oscars without a swag bag?  These may not have been worth $45,000 but they were still fun!  Just a few little things I picked up, mostly at the Target Dollar Spot (some items like the cool chalkboard tins were even 1/2 off the day after Valentine's).

We played a couple of games... the first one was "Who Am I?"... I put the name of a celebrity on each guest's back as they came in.  They had to guess who they were by asking the other guests yes or no questions.  The other game was Oscar Bingo, using bingo boards I printed from online.  And of course, there was the Oscar Ballot.  Again, didn't get pics of these.  Bummer dude.  





THE GUESTS
Gia had a great time dressing up in one of her "pretties" from Nana.
She had a BLAST running up and down the red carpet!
I love the way that she holds her dress up like a pro, too!

The attire was "pajama glam"... it was kinda what each guest wanted to
make of it.... comfy with a touch of glam!
Lots of babies!  Love it!


My sweet & super thoughtful friend, Rachelle gave me this as a hostess gift.
An Oscar mug with a Starbucks gift card inside.  SO FUN!!!  I love it!


I had such a great time doing this party!  I love doing this kind of thing.  I'm definitely happy that I did it this year, but I think next year we may just order pizza and drink champagne while we watch the Oscars.  And of course, I think I'll make the Golden Oscars every year from now on!



You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!