Joanna 3 Weeks

Tuesday, January 21, 2014


This was the last week we had with my mom here. It has been so wonderful to have her with us for almost a month! Gianna has loved all the extra attention and we've loved having the extra hands. I can't beleive we didn't get a single game of Settlers in, though! Joanna is doing great! She has a bit of a diaper rash, which is so sad! Gia never had a diaper rash when she was little, but we're just keeping cream on it and trying to get it to go away. Joey is still nursing great. She had one day where she slept literally all. day. long. And that night, she was awake for several hours which was not so fun. But overall, I really cannot complain because she's been sleeping pretty great at night for the most part. I just hope she is still gaining weight as well as she has the past two weeks! We took Joey out for the first time yesterday... to (where else) Chick-Fil-A! It was about 30 degrees outside yesterday, which I realized was going to be the warmest weather all week. So I suggested we go out for one last lunch with Mom. It was nice to get out and Joey slept the whole time! I've been kinda crazy about not going out with her, but so far it has worked to keep us healthy. Indiana (and much of the country) is seeing really high rates of flu this season and I don't want to take any unnecessary chances. I am so ready for warmer weather, the end of flu season, and for Joanna to be a bit older. But for now, I'm relying on the goodness of breastmilk antibodies and leaving the rest in God's hands! (BTW, have you read up on the amazing components of breastmilk? Its absolutely fascinating.) More snow is coming our way today... oh boy. Mom has to leave tomorrow, so we will be on our own again... I'm nervous/scared/sad about mom leaving but looking forward to finding our rhythm as a family of 4. 

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!