Let the Mission Begin

Thursday, November 20, 2008

We had a great day yesterday. Sean and I were invited to a Missions' Ministers' Round Table, hosted by Doug Lucas of Team Expansion. It was just a group of about 20 or so missions ministers from churches all over the country. The meeting was from 9 am to 9 pm, so it was a long day, but it was full of great information, brainstorming, problem solving and networking. It was really exciting!

The missionary convention officially starts tonight, so I am excited for that too! Mom and Dad are already downtown working the registration, but Sean and I are just chilling at the house for now this morning. Sean's at the park running now and I am just hanging out watching the View. :-) Something I haven't gotten to do since, well... since we lived in NC really!

While we were at the round table yesterday, a couple of really cool websites were recommended by some people, so I thought I'd share them here. The first is called Brigada.org... it is a huge resource for everything missions....are cell phones safe, whats the latest technology, secure emails, fundraising, Business As Missions, the possibilities and resources are ENDLESS! Its like a blog in that you can comment and search by topic. So if you've ever had a question, or just want to stay abreast of the latest, its a great site to bookmark.

Another great site that was mentioned was stmstandards.org.... this is a great resource for planning short term mission trips and ensuring the quality and purpose of them (something that is definitely lacking in some places!).

So those are just a couple of really cool resources I got out of yesterday.  There is so much to be done, but it is exciting to think about what God is going to do in the next 3 years, as far as our missions department goes.  

In other news.... 13 hours until Twilight premieres in Tulsa!!!  But i'm not gonna be one of the crazies out at midnight!  I'll wait until the rest of the kids are in school so I don't have to watch it with a bunch of swooning teenagers.  But, if you are still holding out on the Twilight series, just get over it and give in.  You won't regret it, and you'll never be the same.  :-)  (Ok, that might be a bit drastic, but I am definitely glad I read it!)  


You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. Hi Shey! I just saw your comment on my last post. My laptop died a couple of weeks ago, so I've been kind of absent from the internet because Rob needs the desktop a lot of work and school. I'm feeling well, but I'm definitely getting into the "ready for this to be over" phase. I can't believe that there are only five weeks left until my little boy is here!

    I hope you are enjoying your time in Tulsa (and our crazy midwest weather!). Keep posting about the NMC. I'd love to here more about the cool things going on in the missions world :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!