There's No Place Like Home...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well, we have made it home to Tulsa. After two mostly uneventful (but VERY bumpy) flights, I am now snuggled on my parents' couch watching SNL in Central Time (that means at 10:30 and not 11:30) and Sean is in Joplin playing poker with his college buddies. Ah, there is no place like home.

There are so many things I love about home. The familiarity of knowing exactly what lies around each curve of the road; the thick, puffy, cotton ball clouds that dot the blue skies; the smell of winter in the air; the QuikTrip on every corner. Yes, it doesn't get much better than this. When we were in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport today, we passed a souvenir gift shop and I saw a "Road Kill Cafe" T-Shirt... I had to choke back tears as I was overwhelmed with joy at being back in the mid-west. Silly, I know. And to those of you who still live in the mid-west you probably have no clue what that made me get choked up... but it was just something that said "home" to me (in a.... very strange way).

I have more thoughts on the greatness of home... a topic I've written about many times before... but I'll save those for later. So, we're here, we've made it and I am looking forward to two weeks of HOME! Oh, and I'm still anxiously awaiting my new Adobe CS 3.3 software to get here!!! last I checked it was in China... do you think they have overnight shipping from China?

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!