Since Emily Post is dead...

Monday, August 22, 2011


Since Emily Post is dead and Dear Abby is no longer syndicated, I need your opinions on an etiquette question. Gia is 3 1/2 months old and I have yet to send out her baby announcements. I'm pretty sure the whole world knows she's here, so its not exactly news to anyone. But, I still want to send them out because I've had them made up for over a month now (I designed them myself), I just haven't had them printed. They're so cute... but I am worried that its weird to send them out so late.

So what says you, oh great and wise friends of the blog-o-sphere? Sending out birth announcements three months later: tacky? taboo? or totally cool because you know new moms who've just moved their lives across the country and had a baby are busy?



You Might Also Like

7 Lovely Words

  1. I think most people know what it is like to have a newborn and wouldn't think a thing of getting them now :) Besides, who wouldn't want a picture of that beautiful little girl?

    (for what it's worth...I never sent announcements at all for either of my kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send them!!! It's never to late to receive a super cute announcement of a super cute girl!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely send them! Keep the baby announcement cover, but on the back in the text turn it in to "hi, we've had a baby, moved cross-country, started a new ministry and btw here's our new address" card.

    Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think NC was 4 or 5 months old when we did. she didn't come home for 6 weeks then we enjoyed her another 6 or so. do it whenever! or a fun combo / holiday card!? -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between the move and everything else you guys have gone through I think EVERYONE will understand the delay! Plus who doesn't adore getting cute baby pictures in the mail?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent out my daughters when she was 6 months old. I say do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send them. Just for the sake of sharing the pictures!!! Everyone loves a picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!