14 Weeks!

Thursday, August 11, 2011


Look at how much my baby is growing!! She is 14 weeks old today. I cannot even tell you all what a joy she is to my heart! Its absolutely incredible. Never in my life has my heart been so full. I took Gia to her new pediatrician yesterday because she's been kinda congested and coughing for a while. The doctor's office is at the brand new hospital which is less than a mile from our house, and I was really hoping that we would like the new doctor and her practice. We loved Gia's first pedi in Cincinnati so I was nervous that we wouldn't find anyone else that I was so comfortable with. BUT, God is so good! I LOVE her new pediatrician and the whole office... the nurses were great, and one of the nurses even has a son in our youth group! Love small towns! The dr. took her time with us and was so encouraging and reassuring. She is also cool with us doing a modified vaccination schedule, which was my biggest concern. So, all in all it was a great visit. Gia's fine, she just has some kind of cold or something. The doctor said it may take a couple weeks to clear up, but everything else looks great. She has grown since her 2 month visit... she is now 11 pounds and 11 ounces exactly! And she is 24 and 1/4 inches long!! She's only the 20th% for her weight but 77th% for her height. She's a long baby, which we've known since before she was born! Her head circumference is 15.5 inches, and is right in the middle of the growth chart. She is still breastfeeding like a champ! I am so thankful for that. We're still using cloth diapers pretty much exclusively, except for nighttime. Then I use a disposable because she pees a lot in her sleep! She's been having trouble sleeping the past week or 10 days... I don't konw if its because of her cold or a growth spurt, but she was waking up every 2-3 hours again! But last night she slept for almost 6 hours before waking up to eat. :)

Last night, a family from our church called and asked if we wanted to go see Mercy Me and Third Day at the fair. It was way short notice, but we said sure! It was a beautiful day yesterday, and we LOVE the fair. We got to the concert and it was fun but L-O-U-D! It was an outside concert, so we thought it would be ok for Li'l G, but after just 3 songs I had to leave. :( But we hung around and listened to the music from a distance, then we went and walked around. There was an organization there that had Lactation Stations to breastfeed, so I walked all over for about 40 minutes to find them! It was a great set-up... an airconditioned RV that had a comfy couch, diaper changing station, music playing and cold water in the fridge. It was great. I wish more places had things like that for nursing moms! After I fed Gia, we went back to get Sean from the concert arena and we walked around for a while. We had to get a funnel cake and sweet tea, too. Gia slept through that, though. :) It was a great night with our family, and we are so thankful to the wonderful people from church who invited us to the concert!




You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!