8 Years Great!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

This past week was our 8th Anniversary!  Its hard to believe its been that many years.  In fact, as I was putting a couple of pictures on my computer to upload them to this post, I accidentally titled them "Anniversary6."  Huh?  Guess I'm not counting the first two years of our marriage?  Who knows.  What I do know, is that time flies!!

We had a wonderful lunch together.  My friend, Heather, watched Gia for us so Sean and I could go to Fogo de Chao.  Whoa, fancy!  We went to the one in downtown Indy and it was so nice!  Sean had been before, but this was my first time.  First of all, the salad bar.  Holy cow.  Talk about amazing!  And you know how when you go to a salad bar, there are always a few "mystery" items that you put on your plate just to try & they usually wind up being gross.  Well, not here!  I tried a lot of interesting looking items that I had no idea what they were, and they were ALL delicious!  My favorites were these siitake mushrooms that were marinated so perfectly and these super thinly sliced & pickeled white onions.  Amazing.  My mouth is watering now.  Sean laughed at me when I filled my salad plate, but it was one of my favorite parts of the meal!

When I had finished my yummy cold plate, I was ready for the handsome Brazilian boys to bring on the meat.  I flipped my little coin to green and they immediately started bringing out skewers of piping hot meat- it smelled so delicious!  My absolute favorite was the house special called Picanha- it is a top sirloin with fantastic seasoning of simple sea salt (and maybe something else).  I definitely ate my $30/person worth of filet mignon, picanha, lamb chops and lamb steak.  Oh yum.  They also brought out sides of mashed potatoes (didn't waste precious tummy space with any of these- plus they probably had cream and cheese in them), carmelized bananas (a surprisingly delicious compliment to the savory meat) and delicious sweet polenta (I had about six squares of these)!  This is now my new favorite special place to eat!  It was a wonderful anniversary lunch!

The restaurant was downtown, so we had to walk a few blocks from our parking garage to the restaurant.  There was this really cool painted wall on one of the buildings (see below pic).  I love big cities and love when they have vibrant downtown areas.  There's just something about the energy of all those people and beautiful architecture that is so fun!  I am so blessed to be married to such a Godly man.  I have seen him (and us) grow more this past year than in the previous decade that we've been together.  I love that we are in this marriage for the long haul, and that we both work equally hard to continually make it better.  I love that my husband is constantly bringing our marriage back to the basics and making sure we are centered on the Gospel.  I am so thankful for his leadership, unconditional love, and fun that we have on this adventure together!







post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!