Summer Reading 2012

Tuesday, June 26, 2012


I've been keeping reading lists for a couple years and this summer will be no different.  Though there are no plans to chillax on a beach or anything fun like that, I am hoping to make it a habit to read more some evenings.  Plus, I've discovered that a 45 minute work-out on the Precor EFX Elliptical Crosstrainer goes by really fast when I'm reading something on the Nook.  So far, I've been reading the books I do reviews for during my workout time, and that's been working really well.  Oh, how I love to multi-task!  In addition to the delightful host of review books I plan to work through this summer, I've come up with a list of things I want to read this summer/fall/year-ish.  So without further ado, my to-red tomes of twenty twelve:


  • Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn
  • Real Marriage, Grace & Mark Driscoll
  • The Mansion of Happiness: A History of Life and Death, Jill Lepore
  • Beautiful Ruins: A Novel, Jes Walter
  • The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
  • Bringing up Bebe, Pamela Druckerman
  • The Map of Love, Ahdaf Soueif
  • What Women Fear, Angie Smith
I don't actually have any of these books at the moment... so if you'd like to get me an amazon gift card for my birthday next month, I wouldn't mind.  :)  I'm excited to get started on some of these.  As you can see, I have a wide range of genres... NY Times current best-sellers, histological examinations of life and death, a classic, a marriage booster, a gratuitous novel based in Italy (*sigh* doesn't every summer need a read like this?) and a couple others.  (You'll notice a shady little title that's not on my reading list, too.  I may be the only woman on the planet who feels this way, but I won't be picking that one up.) A little bit different than last year's list, which consisted mostly of celebrity-penned auto-biographies but were mostly excellent, none the less. 

So, what's on your summer/fall/sometimethisyearish list?  





post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!