Favorite Things: Amber Teething Necklace

Tuesday, October 25, 2011



My sister sent Gia this Baltic Amber teething necklace with a warning: "It may be a little kooky, but a friend of mine swears by it!" I'd never heard of using an amber necklace to help with teething pain, but I thought it was worth a shot. In fact, I'm finding more and more that I am leaning towards natural and homeopathic remedies for Gia and becoming more and more "accidentally crunchy."

The day we got the package in the mail, Gia was really cranky with teething pain. I opened it up, read the pamphlet inside, and put the necklace on her. Within a half hour, she was a completely different baby! I was shocked! She's worn it almost every day since then. She has two bottom teeth that have yet to cut through, but I am convinced this necklace is helping to keep the pain away. At night, if I think its going to be a bad teething night, I will wrap the necklace around her ankle and put a sock over her foot and the necklace to keep it in place. (Don't want baby to sleep in a necklace, of course!)

Here's a good blog with some more info on Baltic Amber Necklaces. There are many shades of amber, but from what I've read, the lighter the color, the better. The way they work is when the amber is warmed by the skin, healing oils are released into the skin and absorbed into the bloodstream. You are supposed to wear the amber as close to the afflicted site as possible. So, like for teething, she wears it around her neck. If you had a headache, you'd wear it around your neck, too. For knee pain you might wear it as an anklet. It is made to wear but NOT to chew.

Here is the online site where my sister got our necklace gift. We have one of the raw amber teething necklaces... and I do LOVE the look of the raw amber. Its so beautiful! So, what about you guys... do you have any experience with Baltic Amber?

EDITED TO ADD: I have a discount code for 15% off the store "Inspired By Finn" (where my necklace came from). Email me if you want it!

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely Words

  1. I absolutely love Inspired by Finn amber! I've used it for over 4 years now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Mum & Baby amber necklaces set from http://www.wildsheep.co.uk. They are beautiful! I used this coupon for a 10% discount WEERAS12345

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!