38 Weeks

Friday, April 22, 2011


How Far Along: 38 Weeks... that's 9 and a half months. Whoa.
Size of baby: According to my little ticker countdown, baby is still about the size of a watermelon. It definitely feels like that!!!
Total Weight Gain: 38.5 or so... I think I miscalculated last week when I put my weight gain on here. At any rate, I gained a HUGE 3.5 pounds this past week. I have no idea what's up with that... I actually thought I probably would have lost weight b/c I just haven't had the appetite that I usually do. Nope. The opposite! My doc said it is most likely water retention. I'll stick with that. A few more clicks on the dr. scale, though, and I might have an anxiety attack! I know it will all be ok after the baby. And being healthy for this little one is what I've always wanted. So in these last few weeks, I'm trying to remember that!!!
Maternity Clothes: I had to go buy one more pair of maternity jeans to get me through these last few days or weeks. We have a children's and baby consignment store here called "Once Upon A Child" and I got a great pair of GAP Maternity jeans for $9!! Woo hoo! They have tons of cute stuff there... and I just couldn't fathom spending $30 on something I'll only wear for literally a few days (hopefully) or weeks at the most.
Gender: Girl! Gianna Noelle
Movement: She's been active most days, and sleepy a few in between. I much prefer her active days still. My entire midsection feels so bruised, though!
Sleep: Sleep is up and down... last night was horrible, but it was more because of our stupid cats than our baby. So I've had a few good nights (still up about 4 times) and the rest were still pretty rough.
What I miss: Sleeping more than 2 hours at a time, bending over, wine, sushi, etc etc! I also can't sit very well for more than 20 minutes or so at a time. I really miss being able to move around easier. I can't even get in and out of the car very easily anymore!!
Cravings: Even though I haven't been as hungry for "real" savory food, I'm still craving sweets. Darn things!
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, lots of baby hiccups, mild contractions and a few other aches and pains that are hopefully indicative of labor!
Best Moment of the Week: This morning, my hubs walked past the bathroom where I was getting ready. He told me I was beautiful and would blow Demi Moore's Vanity Fair cover out of the water. :) He's so sweet.
Appointments This Week? Yes, we're weekly now. We saw the first doctor we saw when we first moved here. He's our favorite. (TMI alert) I'm dilated to a "2" and about 90% effaced, with her head pretty engaged where its supposed to be (whatever that means). Most people say this doesn't really mean anything, and I could potentially stay that way for another 2 or 3 weeks. BUT it could also mean that labor is right around the corner! Wahoo! I'm really hoping so! Sean and I took a long walk tonight, trying to keep things moving along! Saturday would be a great day to have our baby... Sean's bro and sis are going to be in town!
What I’m looking forward to: I've been really missing our friends in Fresno... I can't wait to go back and visit and bring Gianna along with us for her to meet everyone.
One Thing I've Learned This Week: Patience. But apparently, I haven't really learned this lesson yet, because I'm still needing to pray for it daily!!

Pictures from this week:







You Might Also Like

4 Lovely Words

  1. Wow, 38 weeks already? Time flies! I am so excited for you. You are going to be meeting your precious miracle any day now! I know patience was REALLY hard for me at the end of my pregnancy.... especially when I never dialated. I am so excited for you that you are already 2cm and 90% effaced. I think that means something... I bet you will go into labor soon! :) You look amazing by the way. I think my belly was huge compared to yours. Yours is perfect and just adorable. :)

    Good luck and I can't wait to hear that you have gone into labor, or that baby Gianna is here!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I feel like I do this all the time.... I post a comment from my other e mail address and not the one that I have a blogger account on. I am sorry. The comment from "A." is from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't for the post that says "she's here!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Girl - I am so very happy for you. YEAY! Cannot wait to see you and Sean with Gianna. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!