Mix Book!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I finally finished my Egypt Scrapbook using the online program MixBook.  I had a Groupon that was $15 for $50 worth of product, which is why I chose to use MixBook in the first place.  Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this program.  I think I would choose it any day over another program like Shutterfly or one of those.  MixBook has a TON of customization choices, which is why I really like it.  I'm kind of old school when it comes to scrapbooking, in that I typically prefer the original kind, with actual photos and stickers and stuff.  But for a project this big, going digital was definitely the best choice.  MixBook is the closest thing to a "real" scrapbook that I've seen yet... you can choose all different kinds of 'papers' for backgrounds, add stickers and other cute embellishments.  So here's how my book turned out:
 Here's the front, its hardcover and glossy.  So pretty! 
 Here's a shot with my Blackberry to give you an idea of the size... I designed this thing as an 8x8 but at the last minute, decided to order it in 12x12... I am so glad I did!  The big size makes it all the more fun!
 Here's a look at some of the inside pages.  The pages are pretty & glossy, and the colors of stunning!
I think there are 40 or 50 pages in this book, but its still thin!  Here you can see the spine and how thick it is. 

I am totally sold on MixBook!  And just in case you're wondering, this is not a paid or "perked" review... just giving you my honest opinion.  I keep looking for more MixBook Groupons... so if you see one pop up in your city, PLEASE let me know!!  I want to make a book of my pregnancy for Gia!  So... what about you guys?  Have you used digital scrapbooking?


post signature

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. Shey, thank you sooo much for sharing this book! I've used Shutterfly a long time & like it, plus they've im-proved their customization with stickers & additions. However, I think I will try MixBook...perhaps for our trip in Mar/Apr to FL to see our daughter. Love your scrapbook...and it's fun to look at, especially when I know the people in it! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!