Whitney's Blog Update

Saturday, January 14, 2012


I know its been a long time since I've updated Whitney's blog.  There are several reasons for that... the easiest reason is that we haven't paid to renew it yet so we've been "locked out" of adding new posts.  We started her blog in TypePad, which is great in that it allows us to do most of what we want to do (pages, photos, comments, etc) but the downside is that it costs $150/year.  We're going to go ahead and renew it with TypePad this year, but in the mean time I am hoping to move all that content to a WordPress or Blogger format {i.e. FREE}.  Anyone have tips on that?  I really don't want to lose any of our posts, as I know people go back and read them.  I also don't want to lose any of the comments.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The other reason I haven't written is that I just haven't been in the mindframe to write about her lately.  Everything feels cluttered and crazy, lately.  Its good, and I am by no means complaining... I know that any of the "problems" I think I have are truly insignificant, westernworld, cupcake problems.  I just haven't been able to sit and really think about what to write.  I have thoughts that run through my head about Whitney all day long.  But by the time I get 5 minutes to sit and write it out, I've forgotten.  But I'd really like to get better at writing on Whit's blog.

Finally, we have less than a month until Whitney's 2nd birthday.  That in itself is pure craziness.  It seems like a lifetime ago, and just yesterday all at once.  I am planning to do another RAOK (Random Act of Kindness) day to celebrate the gift of her life.  I'll have more details on that soon (I hope!).  So I hope you guys will plan on joining us in remembering Whitney on her birthday by doing a Random Act of Kindness on February 11th!  In the meantime, you can check out all of last year's RAOK Day celebrations here

And just because I love her so much and am thinking about her a lot right now... a precious picture. 





post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!