Happy Easter!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Services at church were great!  I went Saturday night and it was an awesome celebration of our redeemer's resurrection!

We had Matthew West doing special music and Jim Morris ("The Rookie") as a guest interview.  Matthew's songs were so inspirational.  He told a story about an 18 year old guy in Oklahoma who listened to Matthew's song "The Motions" and it changed his life.  He stopped living a mediocre faith and started really living for the Lord.  On March 2, this guy was killed in a car accident.  They played this song at his funeral, and 20 students gave their lives to Christ!  How awesome is that?!?! 

Sean and I took the guys out to dinner after church on Saturday night and it was a lot of fun!  We got to ask Jim for some behind-the-scenes stories of his time in the major league, and heard some of what Matthew's been doing around the country with his music in the past year.  Hope you all had a blessed Easter celebrating the resurrection of our LORD!


And, just because he's so handsome, I have to post this pic of my adorable hubby, all dressed up for Easter!  :-)

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. Happy Easter my friend! We serve a Risen God!!! I had so much fun at saturday night's service too. I was suppose to help with the children but they had too many volunteers so I decided to go into the service and sit with my hubby...boy did God have a spiritual treat for me:D I also loved the story Matthew told about the young boy...I actually choked up. It must have been fun hanging out with the guys! It's always nice to see our hubbies all dressed up huh???

    Love, Susan@-}---

    P.S. Remember to warm up for game night!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!