Something is Stirring....

Thursday, April 09, 2009

And I can't ignore it.

I came across this quote tonight, just minutes ago, and it brought me to tears.  I had to read it twice to really get the full weight of it.  So here it is... read it once, then read it again.

"Sometimes I want to ask God why He allows such poverty, hurt, inequality and unfairness in the world. But I am afraid He'd ask me the same thing."

Now take a second to think about what your answer would be.  Heavy, huh?  I have no doubt that God will ask us this question... that we will be accountable for our actions-- or our lack of actions.  Don't believe me?  Just look at what God himself said about the subject:

 40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' " Matthew 25:40

And then there's this one... 

27"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
It doesn't get much clearer than that.  

God is stirring in my heart and life.  I don't know when/how it will unfold, but I am ready and willing whatever it is.  So what about you?  What's the stirring in your heart?  How will you answer God when questioned about the unfairness of this world?


You Might Also Like

3 Lovely Words

  1. Wow Shey, this is a great post. I will have to share this quote with my LifeGroup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's exactly how I feel right now..amazing! We just got back from our missions trip to the orphanage and I can put into words what God did for us. Notice I say "for us" because we were tremendously blessed! These beautiful "orphaned" children smothered us with love, hugs and kisses and I kept asking myself, "isn't that we we are suppose to be doing to them???" It was simply amazing to see how much love these children have for others and how much they long to have a mom and a dad..a home to call their own. They lieterally fought for my lap, for our attention. Friend, God is doing something is our lives too...we don't necessarily know what that is yet but we are very excited and something tells me it has to do with kids..maybe these kids;D Thanx for sharing! I will keep you guys inmy prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must know, where did you get that quote?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!