Baby 'Bellies 1

Saturday, March 12, 2011


I have a really bad habit... well, actually I guess its not really a BAD habit, per se... but the fact that I don't follow through on anything pertaining to this habit makes it bad.

What am I talking about? Well, I must confess, I am addicted to bookmarking. Like, things on the internet. You know, all those dozens of blogs I read each day really have some cool ideas! And when I see one I like, I bookmark it. I have yet to complete a single one of those crafty things. And I have HUNDREDS-- literally HUNDREDS-- of bookmarked projects, just waiting to be made.

I have them categorized and organized like you wouldn't believe... home decor, wearables, baby crafts, foody stuff, etc.... But the follow-through/execution? Non-existent. So I'm hoping to get some of these things done. And I'm going to start with some cute baby crafts I've had on the brain lately. Of course I have to find projects that don't involve a sewing machine, cricut, fabric scraps, or other things like that, as ALL of my crafty stuff is in storage. Hmph.

So that's the beginning of this series of posts... Baby 'Bellies (you know, as in "embellishments"?).... I have a lot of cute ideas for embellishing plain onesies... and here's my first!

A camel onesie!! I got the idea from some of the cute freezer paper stencil shirts I've seen around the blog-o-sphere, like this one from the blog "More of This and That":


She has a great tutorial on how to use freezer paper for stencils HERE. I love camels, and when I was looking for silhouette images, I came across this blog and loved how it came out! So, that's my first project. I'm hoping to get to that this week! I'll let you know how it turns out... I've got a couple more silhouette ideas for the freezer paper stenciling, too... we'll see how they work! I have to wait for Hobby Lobby to open tomorrow, but I'm excited! :)

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. I like when you post things you've bookmarked - it gives me ideas too! Although I do the same thing with bookmarking ideas...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!