34 Weeks!

Monday, March 28, 2011


How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of baby: About the size of a cantaloupe.... 4.75 pounds! No wonder its hard to get comfortable!
Total Weight Gain: 27 pounds.... right on track for the 3rd Trimester!
Maternity Clothes: All maternity, all the time. Or pj pants. Even some of the maternity shirts I bought a few months ago are getting a little short.
Gender: Girl! Gianna Noelle
Movement: She has her active days, but its much more rolls and jabs than actual kicks. She's definitely getting cramped in there.
Sleep: I've slept good the past two nights, thanks to my discovery of a new way to use pillows all around me. But I still wake up about 3 or 4 times. The kitties are getting a little bit better about not waking us up too much, too.
What I miss: Laying on my stomach... isn't that silly? I can't wait to just flop down on my bed on my tummy! Weird.
Cravings: Red Velvet anything. My MIL practiced some Red Velvet cupcakes that she is going to make for my baby shower this weekend.... YUM-O! I love practice rounds! And they are delish! Just as good as the Sugar Shack's!
Symptoms: BH's and peeing lots, stiffness in my legs.... just your general stuff.
Best Moment of the Week: We went to Old Navy and scored some 9-12 month winter stuff for 50 cents!! We've been checking out clearance stuff for fall clothes for her, so we don't have to pay full price for warmer stuff. We got a couple of great deals! But, it also totally freaks me out to be buying clothes this far in advance... reminding myself that God is not a superstitous God. :-)
Appointments This Week? Yes, we met the second of the five doctors in our new practice. I liked her just as much, if not more, than the first doctor! She answered all of our questions, took time to make sure I was satisifed with her answers, and even checked to make sure I wasn't showing any signs of early labor. (She did that just to make me feel better, and it did! But she wasn't annoyed at all to do it!) Like the first doctor and nurse, she read my chart BEFORE she came in to meet us, which I cannot stress enough how great that is. She was so understanding of my worries, and affirmed that I was already a mother to Whitney. She made me laugh when she talked about this delivery being much better than the first, and how a tornado doesn't strike the same trailer park twice. :) I hope she's right. :)
What I’m looking forward to: Snuggling my hubby with out a belly in between us!
One Thing I've Learned This Week: I'm almost 9 months pregnant... I just can't do everything I want to do, and that is ok! (I'm learning the "that is ok" part! Its hard for me to just sit down and rest when there is so much to do!)

Pictures from this week:




You Might Also Like

2 Lovely Words

  1. You are looking beautiful. I love reading your updates!! I know that as things get closer to the big delivery day it is harder to let the worries go but I know this is going to be an amazing experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you are doing this. God is NOT a superstitious God. Amen. that's kind of a hard one, isn't it? I hate that I find myself emotionally pinching myself when good things happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!