30 Weeks!

Tuesday, March 01, 2011


How Far Along: 30 Weeks
Size of baby: Gianna is about the size of a head of cabbage. Not to be confused with the chinese cabbage of a few weeks ago, of course. Alternatively, according to Tarzan's Guide for Baby Sizes for new to be dads, 30 weeks is about the size of the front wheel on the original Big Wheel. Whatever that is. We also had an u/s this week and Dr. G estimated she is about 3 pounds!
Total Weight Gain: 21 pounds total so far... whoa nelly! I had two appointments this week, and fluctuated within a couple pounds of that. I think I can really start to see the weight gain in my face this week. Time to start walking more... :)
Maternity Clothes: All maternity, all the time. Or pj pants. Even some of the maternity shirts I bought a few months ago are getting a little short. Good thing I saved some of my maternity clothes shopping cash for the 3rd trimester! I've also officially outgrown one pair of maternity courdoroys. But to be fair, they were small to begin with-- size One maternity, from Old Navy. So I'm not too worried about that.
Gender: Girl! Gianna Noelle
Movement: She's been pretty active this week. I threw her "schedule" off this past weekend when we were moving... we took a Red-Eye out of San Francisco (with our two cats in tow), so needless to say we did not get ANY sleep on the trip out here. She was awake and moving almost the entire 21 hours that I was. Since then I've been pretty jet-lagged (sleeping late, wide awake at night), but she's been rockin-and-rollin around in there. :)
Sleep: I am no sleeping well at ALL. A lot of it has to do with the time change, but also my hips are just killing me. They say its best to lie on your left side, so I try to do that most the night, but every now and then I just HAVE to turn over because it hurts so much! Sean is driving back with our car this weekend, so then I will have my beloved Total Body Boppy pillow, which will hopefully help.
What I miss: Wine & Sushi.
Cravings: I've been craving really hearty foods this week... and cake-y things. My sister in law made this amazing Chocolate Eclair cake, but it has a ton of milk in it so I can't have it. I am thinking of trying it with soy milk, though.
Symptoms: Aching hips and back and BH's.
Best Moment of the Week: We got to see Gianna on u/s and she is doing great! Also, when we got to our new home in Ohio, we had several packages waiting for us from our baby shower last weekend!
Appointments This Week? I had two wonderful appointments with Dr. G. I think I will start calling him Dr. God-send, because he was just so wonderful. I had my normal check up on Tuesday, and he said all looked good but he wanted to get the ultrasound on me one more time before we left. So we went back on Thursday before heading out of town and did an ultrasound. I didn't get to see any of it really, but Sean did. And Dr. God-send was so great about explaining everything he was seeing... he was VERY thorough, and checked all the organs. Everything was much clearer at this point in the pregnancy that it was at 20 weeks. He looked at all her organs and features and everything looks healthy! She is still a little small for where she should be, but he said this is most likely genetics.
What I’m looking forward to: Holding my baby!!!!
One Thing I've Learned This Week: God's got it all taken care of. I just need to trust in that. Also, I never want to fly with two cats on a red-eye when I am 30 weeks pregnant ever again.

Pictures from this week:


You Might Also Like

3 Lovely Words

  1. You look darling, Sheyenne! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ~Gina N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they say the left side is best but my midwife said to do whats comfy for you. Its just compressing a major blood vessel if you lay on your back that can make your legs falls asleep, i've had to sleep on my back for both of my pregnancies and so far my daughter was fine and there were no complications from doing whats comfortable and none with this one either. I say you should do whats comfy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, sweet and where did you move? And why? and I'd miss wine, too! why can't you eat sushi?

    love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!