Gia's First Birthday Party- Part 2

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

THE DECOR & DESSERTS!

Because we moved the party up by a week at pretty much the last minute, I was in a mad frenzy to get things done. I spent literally every free minute working on her party last week and it was so much fun! For desserts, here was what we had lined up:

Strawberry cupcakes (a fave of mine!)
Birthday Cake Fudge
Brownies
Fudge
White Chocolate Party Popcorn
Pound Cake Bites
Strawberry Lemonade

I ran out of time to make the pound cake bites, but everything else was really yummy. Especially the cake pops. I was quite nervous about making these for the first time, but they turned out great! (Don't ask me how many I've eaten... I lost count!) I'd hear horror stories of cracking candy coating and balls falling into the melted chocolate, but thankfully none of that happened. I found this BLOG POST and THIS post to be very helpful!

In addition to the pennant banners, I made some tissue paper poms for decoration. I used the pink giraffe fabric as a table cloth, and sprinkled tulips throughout the tables. Here's how it all came together!






I had some great help setting up! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law helped as well as my two great friends, Jess & Heather. It was so much fun setting this up! Next post: The Guests & Festivities!!



post signature

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!