And They Say Pastors Don't Work!

Monday, January 12, 2009

I've heard some people say. "Your husband's a pastor... he doesn't really work."  Well, if that thought has ever crossed your mind about any pastor you know, let me assure it is not true!  I just laugh at the statement nowadays... Here's a glimpse at what lies ahead for Sean and I this week....


Monday 6:30-9:30pm (after a FULL day of work 8-5:30 for me)- Begin 15 week class on Perspectives
Tuesday 6:30-9:00pm (again after my regular 8-5:30)- Small group (everyone in our church, well the pastors have to be in one)
Wednesday 6:00-8:00 am- Sean is teaching at Men's Fraternity
Wednesday 6:30-9:00 pm- Sean is teaching at the 103 class (new members class series)
Thursday 6:00-9:00 pm- New Members' Banquet... all pastors and wives must attend
Friday-Sunday  Sean is teaching with Josh and Gary at the Small Group Leaders' Retreat in Oakhurst.  

THEN we go on to next week... this time its 104 class, small group, Perspectives, and getting ready for Sean's weekend with the Jr. Hi at Hume Lake.  After that, we have a weekend together (we're going to Vegas!!!) then the last week of Feb. and into March Sean will be in Korea and the Philippines!  And that is just our schedule before Easter!!!  Luckily for Sean, he can usually even out his time, but I still have to be at work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week on top of all the church stuff I have to do!  Whew!  I think preachers' wives should get paid!  Kinda like I think moms should get paid!!  By whom, I haven't exactly figured that out yet.... but in a perfect world.... well, you know.  :-)

I am really looking forward to our Perspectives course!  I've heard a ton of great stuff about it!  Several of our friends are taking it too, so that will make it more fun!


You Might Also Like

4 Lovely Words

  1. People actually say that? I'm not even a pastor's wife, and I would never even think imply that pastors don't really work!

    And yes, pastor's wives definitely work a full time job, often in addition to non-church work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im No pastor but being a former bible worker I can understand a bit what pastors go through. I enjoy the blog I think im going to follow your blog. Look forward to more post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol-- "pastors don't work" is a huge pet peeve of mine as well! When Josh and I decided to each pick up an evening job on the weekends in order to pay of debt more quickly, my grandmother looked at him and said, "so you finally got a job?" Words don't really express what I wanted to do to her after she said that!

    One of my favorite phrases is "part time worship pastor." LOL-- so that means only... 50 hours a week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've never heard that but Jeremy is working all the time! Even when we go out of town one of the kids are bound to call with some sort of crisis/need for advice and he's gotta go talk to them for an hour +.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!