You Are Not Alone

Friday, December 04, 2009

Of course this phrase automatically makes me think of one of my top 10 fave MJ songs, but that's beside the point....


Several times today, I have been reminded that I am not alone in my suffering. And not that I ever thought the world revolved around me or my problems, but sometimes, in the midst of our pain, it is easy to forget that there are hurting people all around us.

Just with my co-workers, there is so much going on in their lives... one colleague's loss of a young college student, another who had heart surgery yesterday, a woman dealing with the loss of loved ones and the grief that holidays bring, injury and illness in the family... I could go on and on. While it does not make me feel better or change my circumstances to know that so many around me are also hurting, I do take heart in knowing that I am not the only one fighting a daily battle.

The joy that I can see through all of these circumstances, is the hope and joy of Christ. Though many of our situations are difficult and riddled with grief and pain, we are all sisters in Christ, walking through this life together, knowing that this truly isn't the end. Knowing that any trials we may face are ultimately for HIS glory. And can I just tell you how cool some of these stories are going to be when God's full plan is revealed? For the young man who lost his life, I am praying and believing that because of this, his father will come to know the Lord. For my friend who is grieving her loved ones at this time of year, I am rejoicing with her in the promise of eternity where she will be able to catch up on all the years she's missed with those loved ones. And through our baby, Whitney, I am praying and believing that God will reveal his goodness and his glory to those who do not already know him.

We have yet another doctor appointment tomorrow... this time with a high risk OB. I thought my OBGYN was going to just transfer care to this new doctor, but it turns out this new doctor has to do an "assessment" of our situation to see if he will indeed take me or not. Don't really know what that means, other than we will get to see our beautiful baby again tomorrow morning. And right now, that's all that really matters.

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. Sheyenne,
    I doubt you know me, I'm one of Megan's best friends. I've been following Whitney's story for a couple weeks and I just want you to know I'm praying for you and I wanted to thank you for your expression of faith in our Jesus. It encouraged me today, while I've been struggling in accepting my own lack of fertility. You and Sean are an inspiration. ~Jamie "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who called us is Faithful." Hebrews 10:23

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!