Amnio

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Today we went back to the Children's Hospital. I wasn't able to meet with the neonatalogist, as she had an emergency come up. So we are going to reschedule for another time.


They were, however able to do the amniocentesis today. Whitney's fluid level is up a little, and her cord wasn't totally in the way like it was last time we tried. We didn't have the same radiologist doing it (Dr. H) that we did last time, and I was kinda bummed about that, but this Dr. was just fine. Except for the fact that he kept calling Whitney a "fetus"... I wanted to say "Can you see the heartbeat? Yeah, that's my daughter, not just some 'fetus.' " However, I decided against saying anything hostile, seeing as how he was the one piercing a big fat needle through my belly. :-) He was able to get a clean sample and so now we are just praying that the lab will be able to get us some answers. (Believe it or not, sometimes, even after doing an amnio, the lab is unable to come up with a conclusive diagnosis. With our luck, that would be the case. But we are really praying not!) I'm home for the rest of the day just taking it easy. We won't know the results of our amnio for atleast 8-10 days. I'm not really anxious about that wait, as we aren't really expecting good news anyways. We are just hoping for more knowledge that will aid us and the doctors in caring for Whitney before, during and after her birth.

Thanks for your prayers, all! We appreciate them!

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Words

  1. This sounds like better news Shey. I hope they get back to you soon.

    I was reading in one of my baby books last night (been slacking) and it says our baby girls are starting to recognize touch and are using thier hands to explore thier faces and whatever else they can get their hands on. Made me giggle. Loved you pic of Whitney with her hand on her forehead.

    Love you girl!
    L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!